our website is currently undergoing maintenance
Why should we become a member of NSM?
Building a broad base of member congregations builds a faith-rooted, multi-racial movement for immigrant justice. Immigrant and ally congregations come together to form community, fight for concrete campaigns, and build power for long term change. In becoming a member, you connect to a dynamic social justice movement and a diverse network of Philadelphia congregations and individuals.
NSM Member Congregations receive:
• Regular updates and calls to action on important legislative and policy issues.
• Connections to a wide range of advocacy organizations, community agencies, and faith networks working on many issues in support of immigrants and immigration justice.
• Access trainings and resources to equip your work for justice for immigrants.
• Develop leadership skills that can be transferred to work in your congregation.
• Opportunities to participate in decision-making about NSM programs and strategies.
• Give and receive mutual support through prayer, action, and sharing of resources.
• Put your faith into action on a local, regional, and national level.
• Invitations to accompany immigrant families facing deportation.
• Create a new, beloved community grounded in God’s vision for the world
- Designate at least two contact persons to act as liaisons to receive and distribute information from NSM to your congregation.
- Provide visibility for immigration issues in general and for NSM in particular within your congregation.
- Participate in NSM’s programs for education and leadership development, advocacy, and accompaniment.
- Financially support the work of NSM with an annual contribution based on a sliding scale.
- We encourage NSM Member Congregations to form an action group within the formal structure of your congregation as a helpful way to keep issues of immigration justice alive and vital in your community and as a way for your congregation to relate to the ongoing work of the New Sanctuary Movement.
Designate at least two contact persons to act as liaisons to receive and distribute information from NSM to your congregation.
If you are considering membership and need more information, please call us at (215) 279 – 7060 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.