[cmsms_button button_link=”https://drivingpaforward.org/” button_target=”self” button_text_align=”center” button_font_weight=”100″ button_font_style=”normal” button_border_style=”solid” animation_delay=”0″]Website: Driving PA Forward[/cmsms_button]
The Driving PA Forward Coalition is systematically holding face-to-face meetings with prospective co-sponsors, as well as conducting education, advocacy, and voter mobilization campaigns in communities across the state. To win in our state, the campaign will need to build a strong coalition of organizations and nontraditional allies across sectors: immigration, labor, education, agriculture, religious and other key industries to Pennsylvania.
As of our latest state-wide meeting in October, DPF is:
- Organized in 13 counties
- Met with 19 legislators: 17 Democrats & 2 Republicans
- Successfully gained the support of institutions with strategic Republican followings, notably: the Pennsylvania Catholic Conference of Bishops and the Farmer’s Bureau of PA
- Engaged more than 600 volunteers
- 15 new letters of support in 2019 from businesses
- Coordinated a research team to ensure the bill contains all necessary measures to protect undocumented immigrants from being further put at risk by acquiring a valid license
[cmsms_image align=”center” caption=”NSM staff at October′s statewide Coalition meeting” link=”http://www.sanctuaryphiladelphia.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/NSM-staff_DPF-statewide-meeting-Fall-2019.jpg” animation_delay=”0″]2850|http://www.sanctuaryphiladelphia.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/NSM-staff_DPF-statewide-meeting-Fall-2019-580×390.jpg|blog-masonry-thumb[/cmsms_image]
We are proud of these victories, and now is the time to build on them. The Coalition has identified the need for a dedicated paid staff member in order to the strategy that will lead us to victory by 2020. With our immigrant friends and neighbors constantly under attack and seeking a wide variety of help, we simply do not have the capacity to continue without additional support and resources.