The Driving PA Forward Coalition is systematically holding face-to-face meetings with prospective co-sponsors, as well as conducting education, advocacy, and voter mobilization campaigns in communities across the state. To win in our state, the campaign will need to build a strong coalition of organizations and nontraditional allies across sectors: immigration, labor, education, agriculture, religious and other key industries to Pennsylvania.
As of our latest state-wide meeting in October, DPF is:
- Organized in 13 counties
- Met with 19 legislators: 17 Democrats & 2 Republicans
- Successfully gained the support of institutions with strategic Republican followings, notably: the Pennsylvania Catholic Conference of Bishops and the Farmer’s Bureau of PA
- Engaged more than 600 volunteers
- 15 new letters of support in 2019 from businesses
- Coordinated a research team to ensure the bill contains all necessary measures to protect undocumented immigrants from being further put at risk by acquiring a valid license
We are proud of these victories, and now is the time to build on them. The Coalition has identified the need for a dedicated paid staff member in order to the strategy that will lead us to victory by 2020. With our immigrant friends and neighbors constantly under attack and seeking a wide variety of help, we simply do not have the capacity to continue without additional support and resources.